Monday, February 23, 2009

The Greatest Life

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. - Galatians 2:20

If you want to be a true follower of Jesus, you need to take up your cross. Jesus said, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me" (Matthew 16:24).

That may sound miserable to some of us. You envision yourself carrying around some huge, wooden cross-living a miserable life, a life of selfless sacrifice.

Let me share something with you. Taking up the cross of Christ means that I come to the Lord and say, "God, I realize you know more about life than I do. You know my future and what is best for me. And Lord, I want what You want for me more than what I want for myself. I am willing to put Your will above my own. If that means letting go of something that would hold me back or hurt me spiritually, I'm willing. If that means cutting loose something that is dragging me down, I'm willing. Because I know that You love me and have my best interest in mind."

That is why the apostle Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me" (Galatians 2:20).

The greatest life is the life that has been exchanged-the life that has been given to God. And the greatest life is living in obedience to Jesus Christ.

Devotion by:Greg Laurie

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ray ban sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, nike free, sac longchamp, tory burch outlet, longchamp, louboutin shoes, chanel handbags, nike air max, ugg boots, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, nike free, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada handbags, nike air max, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, jordan shoes, air max, tiffany and co, louis vuitton outlet, burberry, replica watches, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, uggs on sale, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, louboutin outlet, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors, louboutin

5:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, ray ban, celine handbags, lululemon, nike air max, nike trainers, new balance, louboutin, iphone cases, giuseppe zanotti, soccer jerseys, hollister, hollister, oakley, instyler, nike air max, nike roshe, nike huarache, mcm handbags, nfl jerseys, asics running shoes, gucci, hollister, insanity workout, mont blanc, timberland boots, p90x workout, vans, valentino shoes, chi flat iron, wedding dresses, longchamp, bottega veneta, north face outlet, beats by dre, vans shoes, mac cosmetics, herve leger, reebok shoes, north face outlet, birkin bag, ralph lauren, jimmy choo shoes, baseball bats, lancel, ghd, babyliss, ferragamo shoes, converse outlet

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home