Friday, July 24, 2009

Leading Like Jesus

One of the greatest challenges of seeking to lead like Jesus is the intimacy it requires. The biggest barrier to intimacy is a fear of vulnerability - fear of having to admit that you don't know all of the answers, that you may need help and that your abilities as a leader may be in question.

Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones. Proverbs 3:7-8

Prayer: Lord, admitting that I'm less than perfect or don't know all of the answers is often a difficult task. Help me to learn that it is ok to say, "I don't know but I'll find out." Let me seek the wisdom of others in learning the answers to questions so that together we might grow through the experience. In Jesus' Name, Amen!